question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 2 2

'$$ER: E100,ACCESS DENIED when trying to pull data with datastream formula.

Hi,

So I'm currently trying to get forecasted quarterly EPS that relies on IBES through the datastream formula. I'm a complete rookie when it comes to programming so I have zero idea why I'm getting denied acces. Even through my university network, I still don't get permission. This step is quite crucial for my data collection.

The formula that I'm trying to use is

=DSGRID("TR#BESHAR";"EPSI1MN,EPSI2MN, EPSI3MN, EPSI4MN";"-6Y";"-1Y";"Y";"RowHeader=true;ColHeader=true;DispSeriesDescription=true;YearlyTSFormat=false;QuarterlyTSFormat=false;TimeSeriesList=true")

If anyone can help that would be amazing

errortroubleshooting
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
14k 30 5 10

hi @Warsame ,

Please find the answer from the support team below

Access Denies error means the ID used does not have access to the data
Since this is a University account, it's best if you reach out to the University Librarian for further assistance

Plus, I tried to use your excel formula to retrieve the data but got an issue with syntax and got an answer from the support team as below

The Series TR#BESHAR is not valid. Is this a user created list? If it does, it should start with L#
I checked Navigator and it is not there:1658897280497.jpeg

Just for reference, here's the sample formula which I have replicated using the formula you shared but using a different series
=DSGRID("@AAPL","EPSI1MN;EPSI2MN;EPSI3MN;EPSI4MN","-6Y","-1Y","Y","RowHeader=true;ColHeader=true;DispSeriesDescription=false;YearlyTSFormat=false;QuarterlyTSFormat=false","")

Hope this helps

1658897280497.jpeg (49.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
14k 30 5 10

hi @Warsame ,

Your question is about the Datastream for Office issue and the available functionality, rather than about Datastream API integration.

The best approach is to reach out to Datastream for Office support directly, by submitting the questions via Refinitiv Helpdesk Online -> Product -> Eikon rather than posting on dev forums.

To be of help, I have opened a support case on your behalf, case 11453753, please expect a Datastream for Office support expert to reach out to you shortly, via the email address that you have registered on the developers portal.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.