question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 5

EMA client id

I am trying runConsumer with the client_id (appkey for non-prod) and jks keystore.

Will the appkey generated using refinitiv appkey generator for Side by Side API, EDP

API, Eikon Data API work with EMA API? How do I add EMA API access to the appkey?

CommandLine.addOption("clientId", "Specifies a unique ID for application making the request to EDP token service, also known as AppKey generated using an AppGenerator.");
CommandLine.addOption("clientSecret", "Specifies the associted client Secret with a provided clientId for V2 logins.");

Thanks in advance.

ema-apieta-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @gopi.santhanakrishnan

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@gopi.santhanakrishnan

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
22k 58 14 21

The example 113 that you are trying is specific for session management - i.e. connection to cloud. If you are migrating from RFA, most likely you are connecting to an in-house market data infrastructure. I would recommend that you start with the consumer 100 example for that, or even better - follow this step-by-step quickstart guide followed by tutorials.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

Hi @gopi.santhanakrishnan,

Are you connecting to the cloud - RTO infrastructure? If yes, select the EDP API option when generating the client ID.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 1 5

Thanks for reply. When I run the runConsumer with only clientId (and keystore/pwd, per example, I get this message.

/gradlew runConsumer113 -PcommandLineArgs="-clientId <appkey_generated> -keyfile keystore.jks (from example) -keypasswd refinitiv -itemName JPY="

Task :Ema:Examples:runconsumer113

Username, password, and clientId or clientId and clientSecret must be specified on the command line. Exiting...

Any help?

icon clock
10 |1500

Ok, the consumer 113 is an example of connecting to RTO in the cloud, and it needs the machine ID, password and a client ID. You can read about the parameters required in the readme file.

On Windows:
gradlew.bat runConsumer113 -PcommandLineArgs='-username <username> -password <password> -clientId <client id> -takeExclusiveSignOnControl <true/false> -keyfile <full path to the file> -keypasswd <keyfile password>'

Do you have these credentials to get streaming data from RTO?

Thanks. Consumer example works fine with [RFA host/port service_name ticker_items] [-u RFA_provisioned_user]
Upvotes
3 0 1 5

No. We are migrating from RFA. How do I get credentials for streaming data. Is there a sample credentials to try it out?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 1 5

Thanks a lot. I will try runVAConsumer (ETA) consumer100(EMA). I see a difference in argument parameters between them?

ETA runVAConsumer takes RSSL Host and service_Name.

EMA consumer100 needs change to the java code RSSL host and permission username.

Can this permission name be same as provisioned for RFA where we pass the RSS host, service name and provisioned user?

icon clock
10 |1500

Yes, you can use exactly the same hostname, username and service name as used for your RFA application.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.