question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 5

EMA Queries - dictionary download, item valid status and batch streaming

Hello Team,

I have previously uses ETA java with value add api to consume data from reuters for Credit instruments ,and now exploring EMA api for consuming other kind of data and have few queries related to same:

1) In ETA, I was supplying dictionary from file for decoding fields. how to supply dictionary from file using EMA or how to download initial set of complete dictionary from provider.

2. In terms of stream states, when an item is considered invalid in terms of states?

3. Is it possible to request for streaming data for a list of items (in a batch) in one request?

Thanks

Rinki Goyal

SCB

ema-apijava
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @rinki121

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
22k 58 14 21

Hi @rinki121,

Yes, EMA is in many ways easier to use compared to ETA, and can do most of these tasks with configuration files.

I would recommend that you start from the Quickstart and move on to tutorials, since all these basic questions are answered in these resources. If you have any followup questions, you can ask them here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @rinki121

I want to add more information about the EMA API Dictionary Download and Batch feature.

The EMA API supports local dictionaries and dictionary downloads (from the Provider). The application can set it via the API configuration file. You can find more detail in the "Dictionary Types" section of the Enterprise Message API (EMA) - Configuration Overview article.

You can check the batch request EMA Java API example ex370_MP_Batch for more detail.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
78.8k 250 52 74

@rinki121

In terms of stream states, an item is considered invalid when the stream state is closed.

1659942558638.png

1659942558638.png (59.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.