question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Data Reliability in datastream

I'm data engineer, currently working on stacking data from Datastream API.

In data check, I have following issues in Datastream

1. Why datastream returns NULL value for non-existing future data?
- I think this data return standard need to be fixed.
for example, API without start/end date returns not only today's value, but also null value for tomorrow

2. In data ticker/field, 'VKOSPIX' / 'PI', I found out data is offed by single date.
and also, API returns non existing close price for monday, which is filled with close price of friday.

At first I guesssed the issue is about business day convention or timezone. However, I cannot understand the reason why the value is wrong with real value.

datastream-apivenue-by-dayvalue
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@dongwon.lee

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 249 52 74

@dongwon.lee

Please let me know the programing language and library that you are using. Moreover, please provide the same code for the first question.

According to the question, it looks like to be a content question. This forum is dedicated to software developers using Refinitiv APIs. We are unable to verify the content retrieved by the API.

The best resource for Datastream content questions is the Datastream support team, which can be reached by submitting queries through MyRefinitv.

1662348999500.png

The support team will either have the required content expertise ready available or can reach out to relevant content experts to get the answer for you.

1662348999500.png (9.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I use Python, and get data through SOAP API protocol.

Same issue occurs in DatastreamPy module, which means the issue is with Datastream database itself.

@dongwon.lee

Thank you so much for the information.

If the issue is in the Datastream database, please contact the Refinitiv Datastream Web Service support team directly via MyRefinitv to investigate the problem.

thx for the answer, i'm currently on support progress in MyRefinitiv.

hav a nice day :)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.