For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

how to increase the response time Reuters Web Service API response for EOD Prices extraction without scheduler

I am using below code for the price extraction, with 25 content Field Names and 1000 instrument identifiers, I can make the web service call and get responses but it is very slow. Please assist me on this

var extractionsContext = new ExtractionsContext(serverUri, _token, () => credentials, token => _token = token);

extractionsContext.Preferences.WaitSeconds = 5;

var instrumentList =new InstrumentList { Name = instrumentListName };

extractionRequest.IdentifierList = SubjectIdentifierList.CreateInstrumentIdentifierList(instrumentIdentifiers.ToArray(), null, false);

extractionRequest.ContentFieldNames = contentFieldNames;

Int16 i = 0;

while (i <= Convert.ToInt16(System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["NumRetries"]))

{

try

{

extractionResult = extractionsContext.ExtractWithNotes(extractionRequest); //works

break;

}

catch (Exception ex)

{

sErrMsg = sErrMsg + ex.Message;

break;

}

}

}

datascope-select
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hi @thanuja.bysani ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text on the left side of the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.6k 248 52 74

@thanuja.bysani

You need to check the extraction note in extractionResult.Notes, as mentioned in this thread. The extraction note contains extraction information, such as extraction time.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.