question

Upvote
Accepted
20 1 2 4

recovery with EMA lib for MRN_STORY

Hi there,

We are currently using the ema library to collect news from refinitiv. We're connecting using ric: MRN_STORY

group: 'com.refinitiv.ema', name: 'ema', version: '3.6.1.2'

How is the recovery working? Let's say my listener is down for 2 hours, how do I get back the news that were disseminated during that time.

Thank you,
Richard

ema-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
17.6k 82 39 63

Hi @Neon,

The Machine Readable News (MRN) service that you access within EMA does not queue or capture history on behalf of the user - it is strictly a streaming service. If you want to use this streaming service, you will have to keep your listener active to avoid missing messages.

If you want to have a queue-like service where if your listener goes down and you wish to pick up messages where you left off, you can consider using the News Story Message Services available within the Refinitiv Data Platform (RDP). I would suggest you reach out to your Refinitiv Account Manager for more details.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for the reply, that's what I wanted to confirm.

I tried to follow your link "News Story Message Services" but I'm getting an access denied. Is that a restricted area.

Hi @Neon

At this time, you will need access to the RDP Playground. I would recommend you reach out to your account manager and discuss some of your options. If this particular area is something that you wish to explore, they may be able to set you up with a trial account - but you will need to follow up with them. Hope this helps.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Neon

We also have a historical news archive service - including for MRN_STORY

As mentioned above, you can discuss the above facility with your Refinitiv Account Manager - your current licence may or may not include access to the archive.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.