question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 1 1 4

ETA: com.thomsonreuters.upa.codec.Date month method

We are upgrading our application to use ETA API. To read date FIDs, we use this class com.thomsonreuters.upa.codec.Date. It has a method named month() to return the month in integer values. My question is that does it always return 1 to 12 to represent the months? Are there scenarios where the month will return 0 to 11 instead, similar to Java Calendar class convention?

We are currently using upa-8.0.0.L1.all.rrg version

eta-apidate
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @hermes.tanhueco ,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @hermes.tanhueco ,

ETA is part of RTSDK is an open source API: https://github.com/Refinitiv/Real-Time-SDK/ so you can look up the implementation of the library.

In OmmDate.h I find:

/** Returns Month. Range is 0 - 12 where 0 indicates blank.
@return value of month
*/
UInt8 getMonth() const;

Hope that this information helps

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

But this one is for OMM CPP. Do you know where I can find the implementation of

com.thomsonreuters.upa.codec.Date?

Hello @hermes.tanhueco ,

UPA was the predecessor API of ETA. ETA was created based on UPA.

UPA was never open-sourced, so you will not be able to find the implementation of UPA, however, I think with a good probability the implementation of this aspect has stayed consistent between the two, this is why I think the insight that you will find in ETA C++ open-sourced code base is relevant to your question.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.