Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
4 4 7 11

Error Code 500: Socket Hang Up / Internal Server Error

Hi,

My colleague who recently signed up for an Eikon trial account is facing the following error when attempting to run some sample code:

2022-10-28 11:11:45,977 P[19708] [MainThread 18724] Error code 500 | Server Error: {"code":500,"message":"socket hang up","statusMessage":"Internal Server Error"}
2022-10-28 11:11:45,977 P[19708] [MainThread 18724] HTTP request failed: EikonError-Server Error: {"code":500,"message":"socket hang up","statusMessage":"Internal Server Error"}
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\programdata\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\eikon\json_requests.py", line 127, in send_json_request
    _raise_for_status(response)
  File "c:\programdata\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\eikon\json_requests.py", line 271, in _raise_for_status
    raise EikonError(response.status_code, error_msg)
eikon.eikonError.EikonError: Error code 500 | Server Error: {"code":500,"message":"socket hang up","statusMessage":"Internal Server Error"}

I suspect that a backend configuration has to be modified since he just signed up for the account. If this is indeed the case, could anyone from the Refinitiv/Eikon team let me know who to PM to pass on the associated email address?

Many thanks.

eikonapierror-500
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@wesley.ng

Sorry about the issue that you are facing.

If it relates to the backend configuration, please contact the Eikon support team directly via MyRefinitiv.

I found a similar question. The issue was resolved by adding a config parameter to Eikon account settings at Refinitiv.

I hope that this information is of help

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks @Jirapongse, it indeed relates to the backend configuration and was fixed by the Eikon support team.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.