question

Upvotes
Accepted
185 6 12 26

In a RespMsg, how to know number of map entries

Hello,

We are using RFA 8.1 C++ api to consume Level2 market data using MBP and MBO domain. I have below questions -

1. Is it possible that Update(not Refresh) response message be divided into multiple response messages? If YES then how do I supposed to know which is first and last part of it? Is there Something similar to SnapshotCompleteFlag to indicate this is last update message?

2. Is it possible to know number of map entries present in map before iterating over it? I know there is something called TotalCountHint but I suppose it is not present always? Is it correct?

#technologyrfa
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @mktdata ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text on the left side of the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@mktdata

Thanks for reaching out to us.

1. The update message doesn't support multiple parts.

2. Yes, it is totalCountHint in map.However, it is optional.

1669278295911.png

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

1669278295911.png (89.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
185 6 12 26

2. Does that mean there is no consistent way to know number of map entries in map?

icon clock
10 |1500

@mktdata

Correct. Moreover, according to the definition of the TotalCountHint, it is just an approximation, not an exact total number of entries.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.