Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
38 4 9 17

Downloading a subset of the MSCI ACWI using iShares ETF

I want to replicate the following Jupiter Notebook from Refinitiv's Github.

https://github.com/Refinitiv-API-Samples/Article.EikonAPI.Python.SustainablePortfolioSelection/blob/main/SustainablePortfolioSelection.ipynb

But I am stuck at the beginning since I cannot download the MSCI ACWI index constituents.

Line 2 of the the notebook says

"We use Eikon to get the constituents of the index. For simplicity we will reduce the list of entries here to 100."

N=100
constituents, err = ek.get_data(['IWDA.L'], ['TR.ETPConstituentRIC', 'TR.ETPConstituentName'])
constituents.rename(columns={'Constituent RIC': 'ric', 'Constituent Name': 'name'}, inplace=True)
constituents = constituents[['ric','name']][0:N]
print(constituents)

Using the iShares ETF instead of the index seems to be also the solution in this other thread. But I either get a backend error message or either get <NA> .

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/70410/get-the-historical-constituents-with-rics-and-weig.html

Is there another workaround to get MSCI ACWI constituents?

Thank you

pythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikon#technology#contentconstituentsetf
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @ricardo.henriquez ,

I belive there's nothing wrong with the code but the RIC itself as I've tried running this code with another constituent (ACWI.L) and found that the data is returned properly, but for 'IWDA.L', I also get the same result as you. Hence, it means the RIC 'IWDA.L' has no data, you can get more clarification on this RIC or ask for the RIC that can be used instead of this by raising the support ticket via MyRefinitiv.

Hope this helps and please let me know in case you need help raising a ticket on your behalf.

1669610390216.png

1669608791960.png

1669610390216.png (37.3 KiB)
1669608791960.png (14.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.