Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
36 0 2 2

What is meant by "The '(' delimiter is unexpected in identifiers."?

When I try to get data from EIkon, Eikon returns null values for fundamental data, such as company name, along with the following error message:

Error 604: The '(' delimiter is unexpected in identifiers.

Why am I seeing this error?

eikon-data-api#technologyerror
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@APlummer

Please share the code with the instruments, fields, and parameters that you are using.

Therefore, we can test it.

Upvote
Accepted
36 0 2 2

I've resolved the issue.

The problem was that I had instruments with non-alphanumeric symbols, such as "@". After I removed these instruments, the code worked.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @APlummer ,

Have you had a chance to see this thread yet? it could be from the incorrect syntax in the code

Using Code Creator in Eikon can be very helpful:
Type CODECR into the Eikon search bar, select instrument, and field, and you can tune the parameters:

The code that is generated at the bottom panel can be copied to the clipboard.

However, if this doesn't solve your issue, kindly share the code that you're using as mentioned by my colleague for further investigation.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.