For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
11 2 2 9

EMA Consumer 100

Hi Team,

I am trying to run example Consumer 100 and facing the below error. How to resolve this?

Code:
AppClient appClient = new AppClient();
OmmConsumerConfig config = EmaFactory.createOmmConsumerConfig();
consumer  = EmaFactory.createOmmConsumer(config.host("10.186.204.18:14002").username("test123"));
ReqMsg reqMsg = EmaFactory.createReqMsg();
consumer.registerClient(reqMsg.serviceName("DIRECT_FEED").name("IBM.N"), appClient);
Thread.sleep(60000);// API calls onRefreshMsg(), onUpdateMsg() and onStatusMsg()
ERROR:
16:24:29.584 [main] WARN com.refinitiv.ema.access.OmmConsumerImpl - loggerMsg
    ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient
    Severity: Warning
    Text:    Received ChannelDownReconnecting event on channel Channel_1
RsslReactor @45815ffc
RsslChannel @732f29af
Error Id 0
Internal sysError 0
Error Location Reactor.processWorkerEvent
Error text Error - exceeded initialization timeout (5 s)
loggerMsgEnd

#technologyema-apielektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Maha Rana Parthap Sing

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
22k 58 14 21

Ok, this is back to the basics question - do you have a local market data infrastructure - ADS? If yes, please contact your administrator for hostname and username details.

If not, are you a Refinitiv Real Time Optimzed customer - i.e. connecting to a cloud setup? In this case, Refinitiv would have provided you with a machine name, password and you would have setup a client ID. For details on how to use RTO - I recommend that you start with this step by step Quickstart guide.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

Hello @Maha Rana Parthap Sing,

Can you please post the complete log and error message. It seems like your application was able to connect successfully, but unable to login to the server. Is the username a valid DACS configured user?

You can enable the raw logs from the API, but setting this configuration parameter in the configuration XML file:

<XmlTraceToStdout value="1"/> 
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
11 2 2 9

Hi @Gurpreet,

[Guru]: Is the username a valid DACS configured user.

[Rana]: I have taken the sample and started running. I am not sure from where I get these actual values (host, username).

I have added the following statement in EmaConfig.xml "<XmlTraceToStdout value="1"/>". Still, I don't see the raw data logs.

<Consumer>
<!-- Name is mandatory-->
<Name value="Consumer_1"/>
<!-- Channel is optional: defaulted to "RSSL_SOCKET + localhost + 14002" -->
<!-- Channel or ChannelSet may be specified -->
<Channel value="Channel_1"/>
<!-- Dictionary is optional: defaulted to "ChannelDictionary" -->
<Dictionary value="Dictionary_1"/>
<XmlTraceToStdout value="1"/>
</Consumer>
icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @Maha Rana Parthap Sing

Did you place the EmaConfig.xml file in the application working directory? The API looks for the file in the working directory by default.

Alternatively, you can change the file location too. Please check EMA Java example ex111_MP_UserSpecifiedFileCfg for more detail

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.