Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 3 5

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get' - Eikon API

Hi,

I am getting the below error when I try to pull data from Eikon API - sometimes, not always.

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'

Can someone please help me.

I am pulling expire date for a set of RICs.

Thankscapture.png,

Sree

eikon-data-api#technology#product
capture.png (22.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @sreedhanya.kavunkara ,

Could you please provide the list of RICs in the variable rics for further investigation?

Thanks,
AHS

Hi @sreedhanya.kavunkara ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text on the left side of the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

@sreedhanya.kavunkara

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@sreedhanya.kavunkara thanks for your question - it seems you are using a get_data in a loop and you may have a large amount of RICs per call as well as a potentially large set of fields being requested. Please review the limits of the Eikon get_data function here. The fact that the request is working intermittently probably means its due to load on service. Generally the advice is to break request down into more manageable chunks to reduce probability of serverside timeout. Also - maybe wrap each request in a try-except block and represent after some seconds to see if it completes.

Also could you please add which version of the Eikon library you are using?

I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.