question

Upvotes
98 5 5 15

Specify internal Feed service using Refinitiv.Data Library under .Net(C#)

Dear developer community

i would like to know how to do to get snapshot data from Internal Feed Service (ATS) using Refinitiv.Data Library/Pricing class function as shown below.

when i indicate 'ATS' in Service Property i have no result

thank you for your help and your assistance

Pricing.Definition().Service(“ATS”).Universe(RIC).Fields(“BID”).GetStream().Straming(False))

#technologyrefinitiv-data-platformc#
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @anass.yazane.1 ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text on the left side of the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Hi @anass.yazane.1 ,

Could you please let us know if this issue has been solved?

Thanks,
AHS

@anass.yazane.1

Hi,

Please let us know if you have any updates on this question.

If it is still an issue, please post again to offer further insight into your question.

Regards,

AHS

@anass.yazane.1

Hi,

Please let us know if you have any updates on this question.

If it is still an issue, please post again to offer further insight into your question.

Regards,

AHS

Hi @anass.yazane.1 ,

I'm afraid we haven't heard from you in a while and we cannot provide further assistance without the details we asked for. I'm closing this thread. If you need any further assistance, please start a new thread.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
17.3k 82 39 63

Hi @anass.yazane.1

You will have to confirm the name of the Internal Feed Service and whether it is called ATS. I would try to capture error events on the stream to determine if the server does not recognize the 'ATS' service. For example:

Pricing.Definition().Service(“ATS”)
                    .Universe(RIC)
                    .Fields(“BID”)
                    .GetStream().OnError((item, err, s) => Console.WriteLine($"Error: {err}"))
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
98 5 5 15

hi @nick.zincone

i add error event as suggested, i have below the error

1671130018696.png

1671130084128.png

1671130018696.png (16.0 KiB)
1671130084128.png (5.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Ok. That is the error coming from the backend. Basically, it does not know the name 'ATS'. You will have to ask the market data team the name of this internal service - I assume you are connecting to your own market data services.
Upvotes
98 5 5 15

i will rise to our market data team and get back if i hve more question.

Regards

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
98 5 5 15

dear @nick.zincone

i rise the issue to our market data team, they confirm me that the right name of service is ATS.

is there any configFile (maybe the one indicated above, but i don't know where i can find it) where i can check/retrieve the name should be setup for our internal service.

thank you for your help

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @anass.yazane.1

Ok - are you connecting into the correct streaming server? That is, are you connecting into your streaming environment using something like this:

PlatformSession.Definition().Host("yourserver:15000");
Upvotes
98 5 5 15

I use DesktopSession.Definition() to instantiate/open a session.

to get stram price from an Internal server (ATS) should i use 'PlatformSession.Definition() ' rather than DesktopSession.Definition() .

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
17.3k 82 39 63

Hi @anass.yazane.1

When you define a session into the desktop (DesktopSession), you do not have access to your own internal streaming servers - you will have define a PlatformSession as I described and get the connection parameters to your own internal servers. Within the example package, you can see the different sessions you can use - the one your are interested in is the one referred to as "DEPLOYED" - referring to your own deployed streaming platform.

For a general discussion on sessions, you can refer to this documentation page. Note: More former docs will be releasing soon.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
98 5 5 15

Dear @nick.zincone

even defining host parameter under Deployed session type, i'm not still able to open connection with internal server.

i will work next week with our internal market data team to make some tests, and i will revert to you if is still blocking.

Regards

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.