question

Upvotes
Accepted
185 6 12 26

Is it possible to use RFA api to connect to Cloud

Hello, we are using RFA 8.1 C++ api to consume L1 and L2 data using OMM format. Is it possible to use same api's to connect to cloud. Basically we want to consume data from Refinitiv real time optimized feed which I suppose is hosted in cloud? Can we connect to it using RFA 8.1 C++ api ? At a very high level I know there is something called LPC(Legacy protocol converter) that can be used for this purpose.

I know it can be done using EMA api's but we are not prepared for that transition yet.

#technologyrfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @mktdata ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text on the left side of the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

@mktdata

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @mktdata

The Refinitiv Real-Time -- Optimized (RTO) is the Refinitiv Real-Time platform hosted in the Cloud. Unfortunately, the RFA API (C++, Java, and .Net editions) cannot connect to the RTO directly. The API needs to connect to the cloud via the LPC (Legacy Protocol Converter) as shown in the following diagram:

RFA API --> LPC -->  RTO Cloud

Note: The connection between the RFA API and LPC is RSSL.

If you are interested in migrating to the strategic APIs, here are the resources for you:

Hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.