Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 4 7

Unable to get token - DSS API Python

Hello,

I am getting following error while trying to request token:

requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /RestApi/v1/Authentication/RequestToken (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x000002258B341DB0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed'))

The code I am using is as follows:

import requests
import json
import datetime

def getAuthenticationToken(userName, password):
    authReqUrl = "https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Authentication/RequestToken"
    credentialsData = {'Credentials': {'Username': userName, 'Password': password}}

headers = {
        'Prefer': 'respond-async',
        'Content-Type': 'application/json'
    }

r = requests.post(url=authReqUrl, json=credentialsData, headers=headers)

if (r.status_code == 200):
        jsonResponse = json.loads(r.text.encode('ascii', 'ignore'))
        token = {'timestamp': datetime.datetime.now(), 'token': jsonResponse["value"]}
        # with open('TRTH_token.pkl', 'wb') as handle:
        #    pickle.dump(token, handle, protocol=pickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
        return token
    else:
        print("ERROR: could not retrieve authentication token, check username and password:")
        print("Status code: ", r.status_code, "\nResponse:\n", r.text)
        sys.exit()

user = 'lisa*****'
password = '*******'
getAuthenticationToken(userName=user, password=password)

The credentials that I am using are same to login into the Refinitiv Developer Community.

1. What can be the possible issue?

2. Do I need to get another set of credentials?

Thanks

python#technologydss-rest-api#productdsspython api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
23.7k 61 15 21

Hi @lisa.mcentee,

I don't believe that endpoint is correct - we have phased out the reuters.com urls a while back. Can you try your credentials with the new URL - https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi/v1/Authentication/RequestToken

I would recommend that you start by reading the REST API tutorials and samples here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 2 4 7

Hi Gurpreet,

Thanks for the solution. That resolved the ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool Error.

However, I am getting following error:

ERROR: could not retrieve authentication token, check username and password:

Status code: 401

Response:

{"error":{"message":"Invalid username or password"}}

Are the Credentials same as the one I am using to login into the Refinitiv Developer Community?

icon clock
10 |1500

No, you will need a Datascope Select account to be able to use this API. Please reach out to your Refinitiv account manager to get these credentials.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.