Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 4 7

Unable to get token - DSS API Python

Hello,

I am getting following error while trying to request token:

requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /RestApi/v1/Authentication/RequestToken (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x000002258B341DB0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed'))

The code I am using is as follows:

import requests
import json
import datetime

def getAuthenticationToken(userName, password):
    authReqUrl = "https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Authentication/RequestToken"
    credentialsData = {'Credentials': {'Username': userName, 'Password': password}}

headers = {
        'Prefer': 'respond-async',
        'Content-Type': 'application/json'
    }

r = requests.post(url=authReqUrl, json=credentialsData, headers=headers)

if (r.status_code == 200):
        jsonResponse = json.loads(r.text.encode('ascii', 'ignore'))
        token = {'timestamp': datetime.datetime.now(), 'token': jsonResponse["value"]}
        # with open('TRTH_token.pkl', 'wb') as handle:
        #    pickle.dump(token, handle, protocol=pickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
        return token
    else:
        print("ERROR: could not retrieve authentication token, check username and password:")
        print("Status code: ", r.status_code, "\nResponse:\n", r.text)
        sys.exit()

user = 'lisa*****'
password = '*******'
getAuthenticationToken(userName=user, password=password)

The credentials that I am using are same to login into the Refinitiv Developer Community.

1. What can be the possible issue?

2. Do I need to get another set of credentials?

Thanks

python#technologydss-rest-apidss#productpython api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@lisa.mcentee

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
22.1k 59 14 21

Hi @lisa.mcentee,

I don't believe that endpoint is correct - we have phased out the reuters.com urls a while back. Can you try your credentials with the new URL - https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi/v1/Authentication/RequestToken

I would recommend that you start by reading the REST API tutorials and samples here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 0 4 7

Hi Gurpreet,

Thanks for the solution. That resolved the ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool Error.

However, I am getting following error:

ERROR: could not retrieve authentication token, check username and password:

Status code: 401

Response:

{"error":{"message":"Invalid username or password"}}

Are the Credentials same as the one I am using to login into the Refinitiv Developer Community?

icon clock
10 |1500

No, you will need a Datascope Select account to be able to use this API. Please reach out to your Refinitiv account manager to get these credentials.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.