question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Hi, currently i am querying the API using ExtractRaw. This returns date format in 'YYYY/MM/DD' instead of the date format we wanted 'YYYY-MM-DD'. Is there any way we can extract information in the correct format?

Hi, currently i am querying the API using ExtractRaw. This returns date format in 'YYYY/MM/DD' instead of the date format we wanted 'YYYY-MM-DD'. Is there any way we can extract information in the correct format? The current date format in the account i am using is already in the correct date format 'YYYY-MM-DD'.

Is there any way to set the date format in the 1st Query API (ExtractRaw) to the format from the 2nd result (What I want is “2000-11-23” )

Body:

{

"ExtractionRequest": {

"@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest",

"ContentFieldNames": [

"RIC",

"Asset Type",

"First Trade Date"

],

"IdentifierList": {

"@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",

"InstrumentIdentifiers": [

{ "Identifier": "SGXL.SI", "IdentifierType": "Ric"}

]

}

}

}

Query API I used: https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/ExtractRaw

Results:

image001.png

Query API: https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/ExtractWithNotes

Results:

image002-2.png

#technologydatascope-selectapi
image001.png (7.7 KiB)
image002-2.png (27.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Sushil.Purohit

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@Sushil.Purohit

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
22.1k 59 14 21

Hi @Sushil.Purohit,

Unfortunately there is no means to specify a different date format in any of the Extraction requests. You should be able to convert this programmatically in your application though.

What I see is that ExtractRaw provides the raw data as it was captured, and the ExtractWithNotes does some minimal data processing like formatting the date value and fill in null for a blank value etc.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks @Gurpreet

Upvote
79.2k 251 52 74

@Sushil.Purohit

You can't specify the Date Format with on-demand extractions. However, you can specify the Date Format with schedule extractions.

For example, you can use the DSS Web GUI or REST API to create a TermsAndConditions report template that contains the "First Trade Date" field with the "yyyy-MM-dd" format.

1676528126257.png

The REST API request looks like this:

{
    "ShowColumnHeaders": true,
    "Name": "TermsAndConditions1",
    "Headers": [],
    "Trailers": [],
    "ContentFields": [
        {
            "FieldName": "RIC"
        },
        {
            "FieldName": "Asset Type"
        },
        {
            "FieldName": "First Trade Date",
            "Format": {
                "@odata.type":"ContentFieldDateFormat",
                "DateFormat": "yyyy-MM-dd"
            }
        }
    ],
    "Condition": null
}

Then, you can use an immediate schedule extraction to extract the data. The output looks like this:

1676528238217.png

For more information, you can refer to the REST API Tutorial 10: GUI control calls: immediate extract tutorial on the Developers Portal Website.

1676528126257.png (19.9 KiB)
1676528238217.png (35.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks @Jirapongse

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.