question

Upvotes
Accepted
646 21 32 41

COM API. Initialization fails

Hello,

We are experiencing the same issue again and again. At some random times, the program cannot create Dex2Mgr or RSearchMgr.

The methods are (from eikondesktopdataapi.tlh):

virtual HRESULT __stdcall CreateRSearchMgr (
        /*[out,retval]*/ IUnknown * * instance ) = 0;
      virtual HRESULT __stdcall CreateDex2Mgr (
        /*[out,retval]*/ IUnknown * * instance ) = 0;

Those methods return a non-zero value indicating a failure. The only way to fix it - restart Eikon manually.

After the recent Eikon upgrade (4.0.61) and started to happen more often.

Is there a way to get more details about the error?

#producteikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @igorg, I'm just checking here, but are you running this as VBA in 32bit? COM API does not fully support 64 bit.

I'm running this in a C++ 32-bit application. I know 64-bit is not supported at all in my case.

Hello @jonathan.legrand

Is there any update?

Hi @igorg ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text on the left side of the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

@igorg

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@igorg

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Normally Developer Community Forum is for how-to/general questions but this question seems to be quite complex and requires investigation. Moreover, it may relate to the Eikon processes.

I recommend you raise a query to the Eikon support team directly via MyRefinitiv to investigate this issue and verify what the problem is.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.