Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
23 0 0 3

TR.FundTotalNetAssets is blank in C# Eikon Data API

I am trying to do a simple query for the symbols FAS,FAZ and want the fields:

TR.InstrumentDescription,TR.CommonName,TR.FundTotalNetAssets

The first two return values, but the last one is empty, and that is the one I really need.

I found this question which says it should be available:

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/72828/asset-under-management-in-different-funds-in-diffe.html

In the Data Item Browser, the field is available and has the proper value in it.

How can I get this to work with the C# Data API?

Thanks.

eikon-data-api#technologyc#
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @jiah ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text on the left side of the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

@jiah

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
78.9k 250 52 74

@jiah

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I can retrieve the data properly by using the following code.

var fields = new List<string>
{
"TR.InstrumentDescription","TR.CommonName","TR.FundTotalNetAssets"
};
var json = eikon.GetDataRaw(new List<string> { "FAS","FAZ" }, fields);
json

The output is:

1679021803234.png

Then, I compared the result with the output from Eikon Excel. I used the following formula in Eikon Excel.

=@TR("FAS;FAZ","TR.InstrumentDescription;TR.CommonName;TR.FundTotalNetAssets","CH=Fd RH=IN",E2)

1679021859271.png

I hope that this information is of help.

1679021803234.png (42.0 KiB)
1679021859271.png (14.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
23 0 0 3

I've found the problem. Doing the raw query like you suggested works. Originally, I had been doing a query using the fundamental reference like so:

await FundamentalAndReference.Definition().Universe(filterstr)
                                   .Fields(fields)
                                   .GetDataAsync();

and for some reason, that field was coming back blank. I can just use the raw query from now on.

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.