question

Upvotes
Accepted
31 7 8 18

Content layer - ESG Bulk - FileNotFoundError: no init file found in folder

Hi, I am trying to collect ESG via RD and the Bulk method as shown on GitHub, but Getting the following error that seem to come from the RD library... Am I doing something wrong?

# !pip install refinitiv-data
import refinitiv.data as rd  # pip install httpx==0.21.3
rd.open_session(config_name="C:\\Example.DataLibrary.Python-main\\Example.DataLibrary.Python-main\\Configuration\\refinitiv-data.config.json")
from refinitiv.data.content.esg import bulk
rd.open_session("platform.rdp")  # "desktop.workspace", "platform.rdp"

rd.load_config("refinitiv-data.bulk.config.json")
pkg_manager = bulk.PackageManager("esg.standard_scores")
pkg_manager.update_files()
pkg_manager.update_db()
response = bulk.Definition("esg.standard_scores", universe="4295533401").get_db_data()
response.data.df

1680704679235.png

My platform session works fine (I can get other types of financial data via `get_history` for eg). So I don't think that's the issue... Am I not permissioned for this data?
I imported the json file and placed it in the same path where I'm runing my code... Do I need to change this json file?

#technologyrdp-apipython apiesgbulk-download
1680704679235.png (103.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @danieluphromes ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
176 1 0 1

Hello,

This is the article that describes ESG bulk downloads.

https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/article-catalog/article/how-to-identify-and-request-esg-bulk-content---python

You do need to be permissioned for bulk downloads.

Kind regards

Anita

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.