question

Upvotes
Accepted
51 7 10 19

Content layer - ESG Bulk - FileNotFoundError: no init file found in folder

Hi, I am trying to collect ESG via RD and the Bulk method as shown on GitHub, but Getting the following error that seem to come from the RD library... Am I doing something wrong?

# !pip install refinitiv-data
import refinitiv.data as rd  # pip install httpx==0.21.3
rd.open_session(config_name="C:\\Example.DataLibrary.Python-main\\Example.DataLibrary.Python-main\\Configuration\\refinitiv-data.config.json")
from refinitiv.data.content.esg import bulk
rd.open_session("platform.rdp")  # "desktop.workspace", "platform.rdp"

rd.load_config("refinitiv-data.bulk.config.json")
pkg_manager = bulk.PackageManager("esg.standard_scores")
pkg_manager.update_files()
pkg_manager.update_db()
response = bulk.Definition("esg.standard_scores", universe="4295533401").get_db_data()
response.data.df

1680704679235.png

My platform session works fine (I can get other types of financial data via `get_history` for eg). So I don't think that's the issue... Am I not permissioned for this data?
I imported the json file and placed it in the same path where I'm runing my code... Do I need to change this json file?

#technologyrdp-apipython apiesgbulk-download
1680704679235.png (103.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
176 1 0 1

Hello,

This is the article that describes ESG bulk downloads.

https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/article-catalog/article/how-to-identify-and-request-esg-bulk-content---python

You do need to be permissioned for bulk downloads.

Kind regards

Anita

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.