question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 3 1 4

Enum dictionary inconsistency at dIDN_RDF

I'm retrieving MarketPrice data from the dIDN_RDF feed. When I use dictionaries provided by the service (not the local files), I get exceptions when trying to decode the data, even when using the RFA "Consumer" sample instead of my own application:

REF_PRC_TP
Exception in MarketPriceClient::decodeFieldEntry(): Enumeration Table does NOT contain entry for enum = 8

Obviously, the REF_PRC_TP field contains a value (8) that could not be found in the enumeration dictionary. I decoded the enumeration dictionary manually, and I've found that only values 0 to 5 are defined for this field:

1     AVG   
2     IND   
3   AQ      
4   MP2     
5   MP3     

The dictionary supplied with the samples (enumtype.def, RT_Version: 4.20.24, DT_Version: 16.41) does define values up to 16. The symbol in question is 1724.T.

Why could such an inconsistency happen? How should it be addressed in the application?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetreprfainfrastructureelektron-data-dictionaryenum
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

@roman.dmitrienko

It seems like the ADS/EMS/Provider server you are connecting to, using the old version of data dictionary(RDMFieldDictionary and enumtype.def).

-Is this your own ADS server? or it provided by Thomson Reuters?

If it's your own server, you have to update data dictionary to the new version and restart server. But if it's the server provided by Thomson Reuters, you may contact Technical Account or submit query to EMS/TREP support team directly using below link to help you verify the data dict.

https://my.thomsonreuters.com/ContactUsNew

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@moragodkrit

Thanks. The server in question is provided by TR. I shall contact them directly, then.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.