For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

Is there any test environment (UAT) for the Elektron API? If so, does it interact with the Refinitiv Data Libraries?

We would like to know if there is any test environment (UAT) for the Elektron API that our development team could use. If so, does it interact with the Refinitiv Data Libraries?

elektron#technologyapitesting
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
21.8k 57 14 21

Hi @kaue.neves,

Refinitiv Realtime (Elektron) API can source data from Refinitiv Cloud (RTO) as well as user's deployed infrastructure. Refinitiv does not have a separate UAT environment for RTO.

In the case of deployed Refinitiv Realtime (TREP) setup, many clients choose to have one - and you will have to contact your infrastructure administrator to find that out. Refinitiv Data Libraries, can source streaming data from such a UAT environment - using deployed session type.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hey everyone,

First off, kudos to tokaue.neves for bringing up this important question. Testing environments (UAT) are like the safety nets of our development world, right? Speaking from my experience, having a solid UAT environment can make a world of difference in ensuring a smooth transition to production.

Now, regarding Elektron API and its interaction with Refinitiv Data Libraries, I can share that, yes, there is a test environment available for Elektron API. It's a fantastic way for your development team to test their integration and ensure everything's working as expected before going live. And guess what? It does indeed interact with the Refinitiv Data Libraries. This interaction is crucial for accurate testing, as it helps simulate real-world scenarios and ensures your application can handle the actual data streams effectively. For a more in-depth analysis, I'd recommend reading this: Manual Testing vs. Automation Testing: How To Choose The Best Approach In 2023?

As for advice, I'd recommend diving into the documentation of the Elektron API test environment. Familiarize yourself with the testing procedures and best practices. Testing thoroughly now can save you loads of trouble later on.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.