Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Handling Data Depth

Hi.

I'm using Eikon eta for receiving real time market data.

I would like to know if there is a specification file for how to use the data, specially depth.

I have some trouble figuring out the correct way to handle depth since I don't get all depth level is a single message (sometimes update for some level field i.e. level 2 only the bid size ... )

Should I erase of all levels from the last the received level ( Delete from ) ?

Shouldn't I get full update for the current level ? i.e. both price & size ?

How can I know how many levels are provided for a specific market ?

Thanks

Elad.

#technology#contentmarket-depth
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@eladC

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.3k 253 52 74

@eladC

The payload of MBP is an RsslMap. The RsslMap is a uniform container type of associated key-value pair entries. Each entry, known as an RsslMapEntry, contains an entry key, which is a base primitive type and value. Each map entry contains an action that helps to manage change processing rules and tells the consumer how to apply the information contained in the entry.

The available actions are:

1683023226315.png

You need to process the data in a map according to the map actions. For more informtion, you can refer to the ETA Developer Guide and RDM Usage Guide in the API package.

1683023226315.png (81.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
79.3k 253 52 74

@eladC

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Please confirm the API that you are using. Is it ETA (Enterprise Transport API) or Eikon Data API?

If you mean Level 2 data, such as Market By Order, or Market By Price, you can refer to the How to Sort & Process Level 2 Orderbook Data using EMA C++ API article.

I hope that this information is of help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks.

I'm using ETA.

Do you have an article for MBP ( MarketByPrice )?

I'm looking for the logic of handling BMP such as Should I apply delete from once I get an update for level? if only level 3 was changes , should I receive data for level 1 & 2 also .

Thanks

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.