Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 2 6

Is there any way that Client can get the fixing for a bond with floating rate note for a historic date?

Hi Team,

Good day.

Is there any way that Client can get the fixing for a bond with floating rate note for a historic date?

He would like to get the data as per 2023-03-31, i.e what the coupon rate was as per 2023-03-31.

See below Client's current python code

rics,e3 = ek.get_data(list(issued_bonds['ISIN-kod']),"TR.RIC")

eikon_data,e3 = ek.get_data(list(rics['RIC']),["TR.FiIndustrySectorDescription","TR.FiIndustrySubSectorDescription","TR.FiIssuerName","TR.FiMaturityDate","TR.FiIssueDate",\

"TR.CouponRate","TR.FiCouponFrequency","TR.ADF_MARGIN","TR.ACCRUEDINTEREST","TR.FiOriginalAmountIssued","TR.FiFaceIssuedTotal","TR.IssuerRating","TR.FiIssuerSPLongRating"])

I will send 2 attachments from Client via dev advocate emails as I am unable to attach these files here.

#technology#contentpython api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@VyaJunaine.Gutierrez

I have removed the emails from the question because the forum is public and we shouldn't expose our email groups to the public.

Apologies and noted @Jirapongse Thank you

@VyaJunaine.Gutierrez

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@VyaJunaine.Gutierrez

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
1.4k 5 3 6

Hi @VyaJunaine.Gutierrez

What if you try this approach.
Here you can get the full array of annual rates and the dates. You can either choose the trade date or calculate it from the issue date. Does it meet your requirements?

import refinitiv.data as rd
from refinitiv.data.content.ipa.financial_contracts import bond
rd.open_session()
response = bond.Definition(
    instrument_code="XS0010276466",
    fields=[
        'CashFlowDatesArray', 
        'CashFlowAnnualRatesPercentArray'],
    pricing_parameters = bond.PricingParameters(
        trade_date="2020-06-01"
        #compute_cash_flow_from_issue_date = True 
)).get_data()
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi,

the problem is that we have the system Eikon and not Refinitiv so we cannot use "import refinitiv.data" I assume?

/Safia

Upvote
98 5 5 15

Hi

Accrued Interest (Coupon Rate) can be calculated by specifiying calculation date in the past as below:

TR.ACCRUEDINTEREST(SDate=2023-05-21)

Regards

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @anass.yazane.1 Thank you but as per Client unfortunately it did not work for Coupon Rate, but worked for accrued interest.

Can you kindly check back?

Thank you.

Upvotes
3 2 2 6

Hi @anass.yazane.1 Thank you but as per Client unfortunately it did not work for Coupon Rate, but worked for accrued interest.

Can you kindly check back?

Thank you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hi! I get the following error "No module named 'refinitiv'". Maybe that is because we have Eikon and not refinitiv?

icon clock
10 |1500

You need to install https://pypi.org/project/refinitiv-data/.

The library works with Eikon via the Desktop session. The examples are available on GitHub.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.