question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

How to find Ultimate Parent ID for all municipal bonds using rdp api?

How to add Next Call Date, Ultimate Parent ID, and Organization Ultimate Parent using rdp api? I tried the following code but several columns didn't show up anything (TR.FINextCallDate, TR.FIPurposeDescription, TR.FIWorstRedemEvent, TR.MUNIRating, TR.UltimateParentId, TR.UltimateParent, TR.CompanyCntPostalCodeAddr).

response = rdp.Search.search(

view = rdp.SearchViews.MunicipalInstruments,

top = 10000,

select = "IssuerName, Ticker, CouponRate, IssueDate, MaturityDate, CUSIP, RIC, \

TR.FINextCallDate, TR.FIPurposeDescription, TR.FIWorstRedemEvent,\

TR.MUNIRating, TR.UltimateParentId, TR.UltimateParent, TR.CompanyCntPostalCodeAddr"

)

response.data.df

How to fix this?

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikon#technology
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @jg6180 ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@jg6180

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
5k 16 2 7

Hi @jg6180 ,

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately you may not find the TR fields using Search API, however there might be alternative fields providing the content you are looking for. You can use the following code to get the metadata of a Search view:

response = rdp.Search.get_metadata(
    view = rdp.SearchViews.MunicipalInstruments,
)
response.data.df

screenshot-2023-06-12-at-095524.png

Additionally, this article might be very useful for discovering fields in Search. Please note that this article is using our latest Refinitiv Data Libraries for Python and you may consider shifting to that Library as it provides better functionality and ease of use. You may find the documentation along with the examples here.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 2

Hello @h.aramyan01 ,

Then how to find TR values for all municipal bonds in EIKON using API?

I tried to feed all the municipal bonds into ek.get_data, but often receive errors as following:

[MainThread 4338746752] Backend error. 400 Bad Request

How to fix this?

Best,

Jessie

icon clock
10 |1500

Sure, @raksina.samasiri , sorry I have missed this.

Dear @jg6180 , you may use Data Item Browser (type DIB in the search box) from Refinitiv Workspace for finding TR fields. For more comprehensive answer on the available fields I would advice raising a content question via the Helpdesk, which can be reached via MyRefinitiv.

As it comes to the error from the get_data, it can be because of using too many RICs and/or fields in your request. I would advise breaking the request in chunks. Additionally, you may want to wrap your API requests in a Try Except statements to catch the errors and address the exceptions accordingly (eg retry the request, move to next, etc).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Haykaz

Hi @h.aramyan01 ,

Could you please check the follow-up question from the user?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.