Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 1 2 6

RDPError: Error code 400 | Backend error. 400 Bad Request

While processing requests using Eikon API, I sometimes receive error. Is there any way to resolve this error. I encounter production hours loss due to this, it is not necessary that this errors comes to specific requests (ek.get_data(["0#.SPX"]......) or (ek.get_data(".VIX",'TR.PriceClose')) or any other.

RDPError: Error code 400 | Backend error. 400 Bad Request

eikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikon#productrefinitiv-data-platform-eikon
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS>

extend the triage for a month

Hello @Wasim Akram

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

<AHS>

The resolution in ticket 12765238 is below

The client will contact if the issue reoccur and will report with Eikon logs

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @Wasim Akram ,

Referring to the Eikon Data API Usage and Limits Guideline document, this is a generic error return from the server side.

1689668551214.png

And could you please make sure you use the latest version of Eikon Data APIs Python Library?

1689668551214.png (26.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @raksina.samasiri ,

Thanks for the information.

1) Can you please advise what action I need to avoid this issue of overwhelmed of the Platform ?
2) Where I can find the latest version of Eikon Data APIs Python Library? Any link or document ?

Hi @raksina.samasiri ,

Please help me with below further information:

1) Can you please advise what action I need to avoid this issue of overwhelmed of the Platform ?
2) Where I can find the latest version of Eikon Data APIs Python Library? Any link or document ?

Hi @Wasim Akram ,

Thank you for your patience, please find answers below

1. As mentioned in the guide, this issue is from the server side. However, I'm sending this feedback to product team on behalf of you and you'll be contacted soon. Sorry for any inconveniences.
    When the platform is overwhelmed by the number of requests it receives, it may take more time than usual to respond. When that happens, a timeout expires and the platform responds to the request with an error. It is important to note that the overloading may be due to requests sent by users other than the one who receives the error.
  2. The latest version of Eikon Data API Python library can be found here, currently it's 1.1.17

FYI, case number created for 1) is 12765238

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.