Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Dataframe with wrong start date

Hello,

I'm trying to get close prices of different RIC for only one day. I use the following code in python :

df = rd.get_history(universe=["KWc1","KWc2", "1001602NNET", "1001602CNET","1001602RNET"], fields=["TR.CLOSEPRICE"],start ='2023-07-18', end = '2023-07-18')

However, the dataframe which is returned from this call is the following :

df-reuters.png

As you can see, i have a date prior to my start date ? Why ?

Thanks

#product#contentpython apiprice-history
df-reuters.png (6.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@a.torre So there CFTC Future Commitments RICs are released weekly - so the most recent weekly is last Friday 2023-07-11 while the wheat futures RICs trade daily and the most recent entry for those was when you made the call 2023-07-18. That is why you have 2 entries. I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for your answer. I understand what you're saying but it's not very logical to me, because i ask a specific date and not the last available entry. With this, i have to do another check after to be sure there is only the date i've requested, not very practical.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.