question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 3

How can we get the news story if I know MRN_SRC and GUID on RFA api ?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetreprfamrn
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Monitored by @moragodkrit

Hi @rleung

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks

Hi @rleung,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @rleung

I assume you have referred to the tutorial mentioned in moragodkrit's reply above and ran the example.

You will notice that when you subscribe to MRN_STORY, each new story is delivered in realtime on the MRN_STORY RIC and is access by decompressing the FRAGMENT buffer(s) and extracting the JSON payload.

The idea is that you discard any news story that you are NOT interested in, whilst extracting and keeping any news story that you are interested in - as it is delivered to you in real time.

If you are asking 'How do I request an individual story at some later point in time after the story has already been delivered as an update on the MRN_STORY stream?', the answer AFAIK is that is not possible from the realtime feed using our realtime APIs.

It may be possible to do the above using a non-realtime service - please contact your Thomson Reuters account manager to discuss further.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
7.6k 15 6 9

@rleung

It seems like you want to get the News Story Body from MRN data, is this correct?

Basically, for MRN_Story , you have to decode the fragments data to get the news story body and we provide decoded fragment data in JSON format.

The following tutorial may help you understand how to decode MRN Story

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/thomson-reuters-enterprise-platform/robust-foundation-api-rfa/learning?content=8676&type=learning_material_item

MRN Data Models and Elektron Implementation Guide

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/sites/default/files/ThomsonReutersMRNElektronDataModelsv210.pdf

Below is the sample JSON data from the decoded fragment.

{"altId":"nBERbMJC64","audiences":["NP:BER"],"body":"PUTRAJAYA, Jan 11 (Bernama) -- I am deeply saddened to hear the sudden demise of\r\nDatuk Patinggi Tan Sri (Dr) Haji Adenan Bin Haji Satem, Chief Minister of\r\nSarawak. I’ve had the pleasure of knowing and working with Tan Sri Adenan during\r\nhis period as cabinet minister and Chief Minister. We have had many discussions\r\non improving the healthcare service at Sarawak. He will be greatly missed by all\r\nof us. We have lost a great and pragmatic leader who always displayed moderation\r\nin his leadership. My thought and prayers to his family. \r\n\r\nDATUK SERI DR. S. SUBRAMANIAM\r\nMinister of Health, Malaysia\r\n\r\nSOURCE : Ministry of Health\r\n\r\nFOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT: \r\nName : Nor Suzaman B. Abdul Rahman\r\nTel : 03-8883 3470 / 013-399 7025\r\nEmail : n.suzaman@moh.gov.my\r\n\r\n--BERNAMA\r\n\r\n","firstCreated":"2017-01-11T10:26:01.775Z","headline":"PRESS STATEMENT MINISTER OF HEALTH MALAYSIA","id":"BERbMJC64_1701112rnZsduUNQrFtbV6YUmSIoDUJ2cfyhErU/uszR","instancesOf":[],"language":"en","mimeType":"text/plain","provider":"NS:BER","pubStatus":"stat:usable","subjects":["G:1","G:2EK","G:8S","G:CI","G:K","G:S","N2:ASEAN","N2:ASIA","N2:ASXPAC","N2:EMRG","N2:MY","N2:SEASIA"],"takeSequence":1,"urgency":3,"versionCreated":"2017-01-11T10:26:01.775Z"}

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

@rleung

Totally agree with Moragodkrit,

Like to add a little on the content.

To subscribe to a story directly, the first segment is identified by PNAC (Primary News Identifier Code), and will contain the pointer at the next segment, if more then one. PNAC is used to subscribe to a news story just as RIC.

PNAC is contained in STORY_ID fid of legacy news headlines (N2_UBMS)

Or is contained in ALTID of MRN feed (MRN_STORY)

It will look similar to "nDJMK00E7C"

PNAC may be reused after 24 hours, so if you are searching within an archive of news, is only fully valid in conjunction with date and time of the story.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 1 3

Dear zoya.farberov, moragodkrit,

As listed in the MRN Elektron Data Model, "A single MRN data item publication is uniquely identified by the combination of RIC, MRN_SRC and GUID." If I know the RIC, MRN_SRC and GUID, How can we re-request the whole news story from MRN news feed?

For example,

RIC= MRN_STORY, MRN_SRC= HK1_PRD_A, GUID= FWN1F602C_17011622n7nUzkkfLZyZ19eSWJpiFYfSU+HU9ymfkEci

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.