question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 5

Can we retrieve previous messages (message history) from Refinitiv Messenger chatroom for period when chatbot is disconnected?

First off, thanks so much for providing the BOT Messenger API!

Just to check, for cases when the chatbot gets disconnected due to unexpected reasons (e.g. network down, Refinitiv server down, etc), is there any way we can retrieve past chatroom messages that have been sent while the chatbot was disconnected?

E.g. we can see past messages from the Refinitiv Workspace messenger app, messages are all captured there. Can we get past message history using the Messenger Bot API?

Thanks and regards,
Keng Onn

#productdisconnectionmessages
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @kengonn.wong

Unfortunately, the Messenger Bot API team confirmed that the API does not have the message history capability. I highly recommend you contact your Refinitiv representative to help you with other products that might suite your needs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Got it, thanks for helping check!
Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @kengonn.wong

I am contacting the Messenger Bot API. I will give you more updates as soon as I receive any information from the team.

icon clock
10 |1500

Great! Thanks so much!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.