question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 2

Sustainabilty-Linked bond deals via python API

Hi all,

I am searching for a way to request sustainability-linked bonds and loans via python API.

I tried refinitiv.data package but could not find a fitting function or filter to extract this specific type of products. Is there an actual way to do this?

Regards

Fritz

python#product#contentbondsdeals
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
1.4k 5 3 6

Hi @fritz.flothkoetter

You can try for bonds:

rd.discovery.search(
    view = rd.discovery.Views.GOV_CORP_INSTRUMENTS,
    top = 10000,
    filter = "RCSFIClassificationCodes(CodeDescription eq 'Sustainability Linked Bond')",
    select = "RIC,RCSFIClassificationCodes",
   )

and for loans:

rd.discovery.search(
    view = rd.discovery.Views.LOAN_INSTRUMENTS,
    top = 10000,
    filter = "MarketSegmentDescription eq 'Sustainability Linked Loan'",
)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @fritz.flothkoetter ,

My colleagues' article, "Searching for KungFu Bonds (Chinese-issued U.S. dollars bonds) with RDP Libraries - Search function", goes through a very similar use-case. Would you mind letting me know if it answers your question?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 2

Hi @jonathan.legrand,

thanks for your answer. That helps me to build a query in general.

But my problem that I cannot find a suitable filter persists. In the Deals Screener in Refinitv Workspace there is the filter "Transaction Type = Sustainability Linked Bond (SLB)". Unfortunately I do not find a similar filter in the Advanced Search as suggested in your colleagues' article.

Is it possible to do API requests corresponding to Deals Screener's functionalities? Or is there a way to filter for sustainabilty-linked products in the Advanced Search?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 2

Thank you!!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.