question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 2 5

Realtime Research API

How will I be able continue from where I left off after a long breakage without loosing/skipping/restarting SQS que using Real-Time Research API? For example:

(1) After an access token has expired? (what is the timeout?)

(2) After the cloud credentials expires (1 hour?)?

(3) After a subscription expires (7 days?)?

rdp-api#productrdp
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@ETLBATeam

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
22.1k 59 14 21

Hi @ETLBATeam,

Your app will have to renew all the tokens (RDP access and AWS) in time to continue getting messages from an SQS queue. This workflow is demonstrated in the Python alerts sample available in the downloads section. During the period when the tokens have expired but the subscription is active, the messages will keep accumulating in the queue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Gurpreet In case my process crashed for a long period of time during which the AWS cloud subscription expires, will I miss all SQS messages que'd during the period before I re-establish the subscription? If so, are there any method to recover such as specify the start-date/time of the subscription?

Hi @Gurpreet

Could you tell me the scenario when will the subscription gets expired ?
In Documentation it is mentioned that subscription will become inactive if it is not active for seven consecutive days
The meaning of "not active" means we stop pooling SQS queue ? Or anything else.

Yes, not active means your app is not polling the queue.

I don't see any reference to subscription getting cancelled automatically. Where did you see this?

@Gurpreet Per Appendix A in Real-Time Research API User Guide Version 3.0.pdf, it mentions the condition under which a subscription will become inactive. We need to know specifically,

----------------------------

Appendix A: Important user information

Important Information for Refinitiv Real-Time Research API Users:

− As a Refinitiv Real-Time Research API user, you can have only one active subscription.

− Please keep your subscription active to avoid losing any Research Messages.

− You are allowed to make ten requests per second.

− A subscription will become inactive if it is not active for seven consecutive days.

− Cloud credentials are active for one hour; please refresh the credentials before five minutes to avoid expiration.

− Refinitiv-based Signed URL and Document Request URL are valid for five minutes.

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.