Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

How to get Spread data of the product

Hi,

So I was fetching the data of the different commodities for making a historical database using the code snipet

now i have successfully fetched the contract chain of the products using that c1, c2..... nomenclature now i want to fetch the spread of those products kindly help the problem is for every product there are different contracts months

I there any function which will give the contract month on giving eg--- "LCOc1"--- it will give me "LCOU3" the current month of the contract

eikon-data-api#technology#productcommoditiesspread
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @nitin.gupta

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
1.4k 5 3 6

Hi @nitin.gupta

You can do it with the rd library

import refinitiv.data as rd
rd.open_session()
rd.discovery.search(
    view = rd.discovery.Views.SEARCH_ALL,
    filter = "RIC eq 'LCOc1'",
    select = "AliasRIC"
)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.