question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 4 7 13

Efficiently Retrieving a Large Volume of Company Names using Excel RDP.Search

I'm currently facing a challenge with the following Excel code snippet:

=RDP.Search("EQUITY","IsPrimaryIssueRIC eq true and SearchAllCategoryv2 eq 'Equities' and RCSAssetCategoryGenealogy eq 'A:1L' and RCSIssuerCountryGenealogy eq 'M:DQ\\G:AM\\G:6J' and RCSExchangeCountryLeaf eq 'United States';query="&A2&"","NBROWS:1",,)

My aim is to retrieve around 1 million company names using the RDP.Search function. However, I'm concerned about hitting request limits or encountering inefficiencies in the process.

Could anyone provide insights or strategies on how to achieve this without running into limitations? I greatly appreciate any advice or experiences shared regarding this endeavor.

refinitiv-dataplatform-eikon#technology#product
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @nicola.fiore ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
79.4k 253 52 74

@nicola.fiore

Thank you for reaching out to us.

If the question is about the RDP.Search function in Excel, please contact the helpdesk support team directly via MyRefinitiv.

As I know, the search endpoint in RDP limits the number of results to 10000 entries.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.