question

Upvotes
Accepted
26 1 3 12

Force Logout from DACS with WarmStandbyMode (Service Mode)

Hi,

I am using ema3.6.6.L1, Recently my application stopped receiving elektron price updates with above error. As mentioned in https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/87314/rto-force-logout-from-dacs-in-the-ema-login-domain.html, this should be handled by the application whenever error is "Force Logout from DACS.". What are the other situation that i should handle whenever stream is closed ? For warm standby mode, shouldn't this be handled by the API itself ? For an example, if force logout with an error, shouldn't api try to receive price updates from standby server ?

#technologyc++refinitiv-realtime-optimisedrefinitiv-realtime-sdk
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS>

Contacting RTSDK team.

Hello @thilinaillangasinghe

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Did the forced disconnection occur on the active connection only or both?

The RTSDK team confirms if the API is force-closed/force-logout due to DACS, the warm standby feature would not be recovery from this scenario. The application needs to re-create the OMMConsumer to re-open the login stream to reconnect to the server.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

That for following it up @wasin.w .

There was no indication of forced disconnection in standby server in logs (Note that i had only warnings/errors enabled in EMA logs.

Upvote
24.7k 54 17 14

The domain="Login Domain" with “State: Closed/Suspect/Not entitled - text: "Force Logout from DACS."” indicates that the logins stream between the API and the server is closed. The closed login stream also closes all opened streams (including items streams) and the API will not recover the streams.

• If the StreamState is “OPEN” and DataState is “SUSPECT” (example Item State: Open / Suspect / None / 'channel down.'): It means the stream is still opened but the data is not available. The API automatically reconnect and re-subscribe items for the application
  • If the StreamState is “CLOSED” and DataSate is “SUSPECT”: It means the stream is closed and the API will not re-subscribe that stream for the application

The "Force Logout from DACS." error message is generated from the Refinitiv Real-Time server side. It means the RTO server was the one that cut a connection. Based on my research, the problem is most likely related to the following causes:

• During the RTO maintenance windows
  • Use a single Machine-ID with multiple applications/connections/sessions
  • Unknow cause, need to contact the RTO server team to verify the issue on the server side

### Next Step ###

I am contacting the RTSDK team to verify if the warm standby supports this scenario.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
26 1 3 12

@wasin.w , Regarding following point,

The problem is most likely related to the following causes:

• During the RTO maintenance windows

------

In a scenario like this, should the application still try to re-create the OMMConsumer to re-open the login stream ? Because RTO maintenance window could last for some time right ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

About the RTO maintenance windows timeframe, you can find more detail on section 5 “Product & Usage” of the https://my.refinitiv.com/content/dam/myrefinitiv/products/11514/en/Technical/623743.pdf document.

If this "Force Logout from DACS." occurred outside the maintenance window, I highly recommend you contact the RTO support team to investigate the issue on the server side.

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks. Is there a documentation mentioning, Force Logout From DACs cannot be handled by EMA libs, instead it should be handled by application user?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.