question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Regarding Eikon API

I want to fetch the timeseries data without running the refinitiv desktop or app running in background. And also I have to run my script on server. How I can do that.

#technology#producteikon-desktop-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
26.4k 62 17 14

Hello @vasu01

The Eikon Data API requires the Eikon/Workspace desktop to run in the same machine as the API Proxy.

If you need to run application separately without Eikon/Workspace, you need to move to the Refinitiv Data Library for Python with the Platform session that consume data from the Refinitiv Data Platform.

You can find the library resources here:

### Caution !!! ###

The Platform session needs the RDP credentials (which has a different permission set to Eikon). Please contact your Account Manager to help with the credentials.

Please note that the Platform session cannot always access the same data as a Desktop session/Eikon data API e.g. the TR. fields. This is mostly due to 3rd party license/usage rules which only allow some data to be used on a Desktop.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.