question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Regarding Eikon API

I want to fetch the timeseries data without running the refinitiv desktop or app running in background. And also I have to run my script on server. How I can do that.

#technology#producteikon-desktop-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @vasu01

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
24.9k 54 17 14

Hello @vasu01

The Eikon Data API requires the Eikon/Workspace desktop to run in the same machine as the API Proxy.

If you need to run application separately without Eikon/Workspace, you need to move to the Refinitiv Data Library for Python with the Platform session that consume data from the Refinitiv Data Platform.

You can find the library resources here:

### Caution !!! ###

The Platform session needs the RDP credentials (which has a different permission set to Eikon). Please contact your Account Manager to help with the credentials.

Please note that the Platform session cannot always access the same data as a Desktop session/Eikon data API e.g. the TR. fields. This is mostly due to 3rd party license/usage rules which only allow some data to be used on a Desktop.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.