Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 1 2

How to bulk download shareholder reports for a list of companies from Eikon/Workspace using CodeBook, Python or similar?

Hello, I am a complete beginner at coding in Refinitiv - I previously used the Eikon screener for smaller projects where we would download shareholder reports and fund ownership summaries by hand. I have recently moved onto a much larger project where it would be impossible to download this manually. I would be hugely appreciative if someone could go through the steps of using the Refinitiv API to bulk download the shareholder reports and fund ownership summaries for a list of companies. Is there also a way to link the investors to the ultimate parents through legal hierarchies?

I will be analysing the data in R but could use Python too for this. I'm working on a Windows laptop.

#technologyapi#contentpython apibulk-download
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @l.marsden ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@l.marsden

Thank you for reaching out to us.

If the data can be retrieved by the Eikon Screener, you can use the same screener formula with Eikon Data API. For more information, please refer to the Find Your Right Companies with SCREENER | Eikon Data APIs(Python) article.

You can also use the Data Item Browser tool to list all available fields that can be retrieved by Eikon Data API. Otherwise, you can contact the Eikon Excel support team directly via MyRefinitiv and ask for the TR formula that can be used to get the required data. Then, you can apply the parameters used in the TR formula to Eikon Data API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5 0 1 2

Thanks so much, this is really helpful to get me started!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.