question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

EPS Estimates Don't Align with Analyst Name or Analyst Code

Hi. I am trying to pull the EPS estimates, associated Broker Name, Analyst Name, Analyst Code, and Estimate Date for a variety of tickers and variety of dates that span between 1989 and the present. I have provided sample code below for pulling for a single ticker from 1989. Some of the values are <NA> for the EPS estimate, Broker Name, Analyst Name and so on. The problem I am having is that the <NA> values are being sorted to the bottom of the output misaligning the data across the rows (i.e. the EPS Estimate does not line up with the right Broker name which doesn't match the right Analyst Name, which doesn't match the right Analyst Code,...). Is there an additional parameter I am missing to make these align? I am using the refinitiv API with python on Windows.

import refinitiv.data as rd

print("Opening Refinitiv session...")

rd.open_session()

data = rd.get_data( ['AXXN.O^J92'], ['TR.EPSEstValue','TR.EPSEstValue.BrokerName','TR.EPSEstValue.analystname','TR.EPSEstValue.Analystcode','TR.EPSEstValue.date'], parameters={'frq': 'FQ', 'Period': '1FQ1989', 'CURN':'USD', 'Sdate':'1987-01-01', 'Edate':'1990-12-31'} )

print(data)

rd.close_session()

#technology#productpython apiestimatessample-code
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @rita.gunn

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@rita.gunn

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I got the following output when using the platform.rdp session.

1693987775376.png

However, the output is correct when using the desktop.workspace session.

1693987929902.png

Please confirm that you are using the platform.rdp session.

Otherwise, please also check the version of RD library.

rd.__version__

I am using 1.3.1.

1693987775376.png (79.5 KiB)
1693987929902.png (64.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.