question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 1 0 7

EMA Subscription of RIC failing

I am getting Channel Down event, althogh connecting using ReconnectAttemptLimit as -1.

state="Open / Suspect / None / 'channel down'"

After channel down, any subscription failed due to below error and unable to get the data. Do I need to reinitialize my subscription client :

DEBUG EmaConnection [RFA Dispatch Thread]: Data State : [Suspect], Stream State : [Open] , MDS Status response [Service not up]

Restart my application fixed this issue.

Is there any way to receive channel up event with any configurition?

ema-api#product
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @vikas.chaudhary ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

@vikas.chaudhary

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.8k 54 17 14

Hello @vikas.chaudhary

The state="Open / Suspect / None / 'channel down'" message means the data stream is still opened, but the data is not available because the channel down event. Basically, once the connection is recovered and service is up, the API automatically recover subscription for the application.

However, the log "DEBUG EmaConnection [RFA Dispatch Thread]: Data State : [Suspect], Stream State : [Open] , MDS Status response [Service not up]" message indicates the Service is down (Are you using EMA or RFA?). The API may need time to wait for the upstream service to UP again.

For EMA you can register the following streams events for monitoring connection and service status health:

• Register the Login Stream for monitoring connectivity status: See Cons333 (C++) or ex333_Login_Streaming_DomainRep (Java)
  • Register the Directory stream for monitoring the Service status: See Cons331 (C++) or ex331_Directory_streaming (Java)

Additionally, if you need a dedicated Real-Time APIs support ticket with SLA, I recommend you register to be RDC named user, then you can submit a ticket to the RDC support team via the "Contact premium support" button on the https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/refinitiv-real-time-opnsrc/rt-sdk-cc or https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/refinitiv-real-time-opnsrc/rt-sdk-java pages.

rtsdk-contact-support.png

• Please contact your Refinitiv Representative or Account Manager to help you with the RDC subscription process.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
7 1 0 7

Any update please. Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
7 1 0 7

Thanks,, I have raised this with Premium Support.

So my question is in which scenario application will not receive Channel Up event after Channel Down event.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @vikas.chaudhary

If the Login state is "Open/Suspect", the API should try to reconnect until the channel up.

I recommend you contact the RDC support team to verify this behavior in detail.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.