Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 3

Error code 500 | Server Error: {"code":500,"message":"Remote server did not reply in an a timely fashion....)

Hi community!

after the help desk referred me with my problem to this forum, would be great if one of the dev experts could have a look pls. I have checked accross previous entries but seem like this Error code 500 is a bit generic.

In eikon version 1.0.1, an error for port 9060 is thrown. Seems though missleading as that port isnt open for neither of my team but for a colleague the actual eikon lib works.

I have been using eikon libs for >4y already without greater issue. Certainly, sometimes bit instable, but no connection at all possible ...on a couple of machines...raises eyebrows with me. Seems some profile issue here maybe??

using 1.1.17 of the eikon package for Python

...lib\site-packages\eikon\json_requests.py", line 134, in send_json_request

raise EikonError(eikon_err.code, eikon_err.message)

eikon.eikonError.EikonError: Error code 500 | Server Error: {"code":500,"message":"Remote server did not reply in a timely fashion. Got no response after 60000 ms"}

ek.__version__

'1.1.17'

any help/comment appreciated

tx

eikoneikon-data-api#technologypython apierror-500connection-error
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @berndm

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.4k 253 52 74

@berndm

Thank you for sharing this information.

The problem could be in the Eikon or Refinitiv Workspace processes, not in the Eikon Data API.

The API got this error from the API Proxy. It is beyond the scope of the API.

1695704598134.png

You contact the Eikon or Refinitiv Workspace support support team directly via MyRefinitiv to verify what the problem is.

1695704598134.png (23.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
79.4k 253 52 74

@berndm

Thank you for reaching out to us.

According to the error code (Error code 500 | Server Error), it should be the problem on the Eikon process (Eikon API Proxy) when connecting to the server. You may need to contact the Eikon support team directly via MyRefinitiv to verify what the problem is.

Does the problem happen every time or occasionally?

If it happens every time, please share the code that you are using. Therefore, I can run it on my machine.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 1 3

Thanks for coming back on this.I agree, proxy server issue is the key here.

As it turns out, an upgrade to a higher version of EIKON fixed the issue now.

In the last months, I have seen it on a weekly basis that python EIKON lost the connection..only a hard restart of the whole machine (not only EIKON) allowed a

reconnection in that case. Not sure if there is some more general issue behind that? Maybe you have an idea to that seemingly related question?

tx

Bernd

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.