Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
0 2 4 7

SOFR SWAP CURVE

I'm trying to get SOFR SWAP Curve in real time. How would I do that? I have used Eikon in the past but your RDP library may have improved and I can use it?

rdp-api#product#contentswapsyield-curve
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @vlad.dimanshteyn

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @vlad.dimanshteyn,

Please note that this forum is for technical questions related to LSEG technology (more specifically, LSEG APIs). For content questions such as yours, we suggest using myrefinitiv.

With that said, I had a quick look for you. I see that you taged your question with "eikon-data-api" (EDAPI), but I would suggest using its successor, RD Lib. If you have access to EDAPI, you will have access to RD Lib.
Looking on Workspace, I foudn the following RICs that may be of interest to you: "USDSOFR=", "SOFR1MAVG=", "USDSR3L10Y=".
Personally, I would suggerst looking for the SOFR SWAP for a specific horizon (e.g.: SOFR SWAP 10 year). This is how I found the above.
Assuming you are coding in Python, you can find data in ways similar to this:

1. # !pip install refinitiv-data
  2. import refinitiv.data as rd

1. rd.get_history(
  2.     universe=["USDSOFR=", "SOFR1MAVG=", "USDSR3L10Y="],
  3.     fields=["TR.CLOSEPRICE", "CF_CLOSE", "CLOSE", "BID", "CF_BID", "CF_ASK", "CF_LAST", "PRIMACT_1"], # , "TR.ACCUMULATEDVOLUME"
  4.     start="2023-01-01",
  5.     end="2023-07-01",
  6.     # interval='daily'
  7.     )

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks Jonathan for your help. I do not know the difference between LSEG, RD.etc, was just asking the question. I'm not sure if I have RDAPI, there just too many acronyms here. I will try your code and see. Where do I find description for different fields available and functions in RD library? I would like to get the swap curve realtime data, history is good as well. Thanks for your help again. For the functions that you wrote above, where is that forum? The person before you is not very nice, we pay a lot of money to Refinitiv and expect decent communication. TY

Hi @vlad.dimanshteyn, for help with the product ladscape and their acronyms, with the products you are using here, I would advise reading the article 'Summary of Common LSEG Refinitiv APIs'

Please point me to the place where you took a quick look. TY

One more quick question Jonathan. By RD Lib you mean Refinitiv Data Platform API using request/response structures? TY

Hello @vlad.dimanshteyn

The Refinitiv Data Library (RD Lib) is the ease-of-use library that built on top of the Refinitiv Data Platform API (RDP - REST APIs). The RD Lib manages authentication and provide easier API interfaces to connect and consume data from RDP platform.

Upvotes
79.2k 251 52 74

@vlad.dimanshteyn

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Please refer to the Refinitiv Data Platform APIs on the developer portal for the services or endpoints available on Refinitiv Data Platform.

Otherwise, you can contact your Refinitiv account team or sales team for more information.

icon clock
10 |1500

I need to retrieve SOFR Swap curve, what is mnemonic for it?? Asking you because I could not find it. Is not that the reason you are here?

TY

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.