question

Upvotes
Accepted
38 1 1 3

Refinitiv Data (refinitiv.data as rd) historical data requests return empty dataframe

Hi,

I've been out last week and upon return none of my codes using rd (refinitiv.data) for querying historical data are working anymore. Did any significant changes happen over the previous week to explain this issue?

For example, this snippet of code that was provided to me by your team does not work anymore:

rd.open_session()
var = rd.get_history(
universe=[
'1ICEEUAIFTTLNG',
'1ICEEUAIFTTSHT',
],
start='2023-05-15',
end='2023-05-30',
interval='1D',
)
print(var)

Thanks for the help.

rdp-api#producthistorical
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
38 1 1 3

Hi,

Problem solved. Killed refinitiv and restarted it did it. Classic.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @YBugnion

What Refinitiv Data Library version that you are using? You can check from the following Python statement:

rd.__version__

I am testing you code. It works fine in my environment with RD Library version 1.2.0 and 1.3.1.

code.png

Please enable the log messages, replicate the issue and share us the log messages. You can see how to enable the library logs from section "2.2.2) Enable logging" of the Eikon Data API and Refinitiv Data Library - Troubleshooting article.

code.png (37.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
38 1 1 3

hi,

I get the following error following the update of refinitiv-data package to 1.2.0:

File "C:\Users\ybugnion\anaconda3\envs\py310\lib\site-packages\refinitiv\data\_fin_coder_layer\get_history_func.py", line 166, in get_history

raise RDError(-1, except_msg)

refinitiv.data._errors.RDError: Error code -1 | No data to return, please check errors: ERROR: No successful response.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.