question

Upvotes
Accepted
26 1 3 12

Channel ping timeout expired

Hi,

I get following error in Ema logs. We have ConnectionPingTimeout is set as 30 seconds. Could this be a network issue ? I am using ema3.6.6.L1. My application is a ema consumer.

loggerMsg
    TimeStamp: 10:37:50.132
    ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient
    Severity: Warning
    Text:    Received ChannelDownReconnecting event on channel Channel_1
Instance Name Consumer_1_3
RsslReactor 0x0x7f05f78e81e0
RsslChannel 0x(nil)
Error Id -1
Internal sysError 0
Error Location /home/ec2-user/Real-Time-SDK/Cpp-C/Eta/Impl/Reactor/rsslReactor.c:2732
Error Text Channel ping timeout expired.
loggerMsgEnd
#technologyc++refinitiv-realtime-sdk
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@thilinaillangasinghe

Thank you for reaching out to us.

According to the error, the API cut the connection due to the ping timeout. This indicates that it didn't recieve anything back from the server during the ping timeout period.

It could be the network issue or the problem in the application or the API.

You can enable the XmlTraceToFile and XmlTracePing configurataions in the channel to verify what the problem is. However, enbling tracing can impact performance of the application.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
26 1 3 12

As it turned out OnLoad without LD_PRELOAD has resolved the issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.