Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 0 2

Issues with Eikon API Connection

Hello everyone,

I've been using the Eikon API with Python in the past, especially for downloading Company Fundamentals. However, in recent days I've been encountering connection issues. Here's the specific error I've been getting:

2023-10-13 10:43:00,004 P[23252] [MainThread 22548] Error: no proxy address identified. Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running.

2023-10-13 10:43:00,005 P[23252] [MainThread 22548] Port number was not identified, cannot send any request.

2023-10-13 10:43:00,006 P[23252] [MainThread 22548] Port number was not identified. Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running.

In the past, I was able to solve the issue by clearing the cache, but this approach isn't working anymore. Has anyone experienced something similar or has suggestions for troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance for your help!

eikon-data-apipython#productconnection-error
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @c.haas ,

I believe that the article 'Eikon Data API and Refinitiv Data Library - Troubleshooting' could have the answer; it is a litle old but still relevent.
With that said, clearing the cash is indeed the best 1st troubleshooting step, and when that is insufucuent, in my experience, the issue is usually to do with a security update on the machine where the code runs. I am guessing that you are using desktop sessions (more on this here) with Eikon or Workspace running on the machine where the code is run; in this case, an antivirus update may blacklist certain ports. This would cause the issue you are experiencing.

May I ask if you've had such a security update? If yes, please whitelist port 9000 so that your code can use it. More info on ports used by LSEG products can be found here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5 0 0 2

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you very much for your quick reply and the comprehensive suggestions. Actually, after testing different solutions, I was eventually able to solve the problem by manually deleting all files in the cache folder. It seems that deleting the files using the app was incomplete (something I had not checked in the first place).

Thank you once again for your support.

Christian

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.