question

Upvotes
21 0 0 1

RDDC Questionnaire Response API multiselect option - use optionID or value?

If a question is Boolean, Singleselect, or multiselect, the answers value is the optionID for that value so that if a question is singleselect and the choices are

"options": [{
                                "optionId": "OID00000001",
                                "value": "APAC"
                            }, {
                                "optionId": "OID00000002",
                                "value": "EMEA"

Then in the POST Receive Questionnaire Response, the “answers” should be

{OID00000001} 

and not

{APAC}

And

If a question is multiselect and the choices are countries, then the “answers”:

[“optionID#1”, “optionID#2”, “optionID#3”],

Is this correct?

#productapi
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @JohnPaul.Fajardo ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
21 0 0 1

@Tisana.Roongsawang @Rellmon kindly answer for the specific case - multi-select with countries as option.

First, I assumed that following:

The questionnaire items is mapped to a Custom Field XYZ. The Custom Field, in turn, is a multi-select field mapped to the Country Value management.

RDDC currently does not have a Third-Party multi-select country field, thus I assumed this is a custom field.

The only other alternative configuration is if the Questionnaire Set-up multi-select options - the country is manually and not mapped to the Country list in value management. In which case, the answer would be for any generic multi-select option.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@JohnPaul.Fajardo ,

My specific questionnaire imported the countries list as a bulk choice and not as a country list from value management. Based on your response then, the generic multi-select option would be used, which is

[“optionID#1”, “optionID#2”, “optionID#3”],

My follow up question then is if I were to use a custom field mapped to a list in value management, such as Country value or region value, how would your answer change for a singleselect or multiselect question? This includes enhancedtextentryplus questions that ask for country. Will the answers:"xxx" field be populated with iso alpha-2 codes or country name strings?

@Eddy-hellothere @JohnPaul.Fajardo Both cases, simple Singleselect and Singleselect with countries, must use optionId. If the user uses a country code or a string, it will not pass validation as indicated in the response below.

Code

{
    "message": "Bad Request",
    "errors": [
        {
            "tabId": "tab-1699001701260",
            "questionId": "QID1699002021186",
            "answers": "AFG",
            "message": "The response is invalid."
        }
    ]
}

String

{
    "message": "Bad Request",
    "errors": [
        {
            "tabId": "tab-1699001701260",
            "questionId": "QID1699002021186",
            "answers": "Afghanistan",
            "message": "The response is invalid."
        }
    ]
}
Only in the case of the country in enhancedtextentryplus questions, the user should use the ISO-2 ("answers": ["US"]).

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.