question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 1 0 3

How to automatically download a list of domestic investment trusts using VBA

Hi,I want to automatically download a list of domestic investment trusts list everyday

using task scheduler.

I think if I could write Excel VBA(32bit) by setting the Thomson Reuters .dll as a reference.

Which dll and library should I use?

and where do I find how to write code(ex:tutorial or documentation)

Thank you.

eikon#technology#producteikon-com-apivba
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Shue ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @Shue,

I believe that the answer to your question can be found in the article "Migrating COM API calls to Python". If it is not, please do let me know by comenting on this answer below.

With that said, as per that article, we do not suggest using VBA (32bit) because they will be deprecated in the future. Is writing a Python script to run via task scheduler an option?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for your response.

I'd like to run it by python. so I got embeddable python.

I think local batch.bat files should call that local test.py.

<C/:Tmp/test.py>

import refinitiv.dataplatform.eikon as ek

import numpy as np

ek.set_app_key('DEFAULT_CODE_BOOK_APP_KEY')

data = ek.get_timeseries(rics='.N225',interval='daily',count=30) ←example

np.savetxt('C/:Tmp/hoge.csv',data)

but how do I get [refinitiv.dataplatform.eikon] library file?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.