question

Upvotes
Accepted
31 7 8 18

How to choose what proxy Eikon or Workspace chooses when launched

I am having issues with the ports chosen by the Eikon and/or Workspace Desktop Applications. I was looking at way to work around the port 9000 chosen automatically by the app, and searched for info on your sites (including here and here); but now I think it might be easier picking the port that the app's proxy would use; is that possible?

FYI: I'm working on using the RD Lib. for Python with the desktop session.

eikonpythonworkspace#technology#productport-number
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@danieluphromes

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
17.4k 82 39 63

Hi @danieluphromes

I just checked to see if there is a way to override the 'port' specification and while there is, I found a problem that the development team will look at.

That being said, you really should not need to do this. What I would recommend is for you to do the following:

1. Shutdown Workspace, Eikon, or both.
  2. Manually delete the .portInUse file from this directory: %APPDATA%/Refinitiv/Data API Proxy. Note: Assuming you are running on Windows
  3. Restart Workspace - the restart will create the .portInUse file
  4. Try your application again - the library is designed to pull out the port number within the above file.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @danieluphromes ,

You can choose the port with these steps:

1.Find the Refinitiv Workspace or Eikon app shortcut used on your machine:

1702656105859.png

2.Add the port you would like in the target in this way : "path to Eikon or Workspace.exe" --sxs-port=9100

1702655310563.png

In this example, I made it so that the Eikon App uses proxy 9100.

1702655310563.png (119.5 KiB)
1702656105859.png (236.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.