question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Help on FTP access through Python?

Hi, for awhile now I have been using the following block of code to access our datastream FTP:

with FTP("datastreamddl.refinitiv.com") as ftp:

print('Please input username')

user_ = getpass.getpass()

print('Please input password')

password = getpass.getpass()

This has previously worked without errors but now, before I am even prompted to enter the username and password, I get the following error:

ConnectionRefusedError: [WinError 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

#technologyFTP
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@cole

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
22.1k 59 14 21

Hi @cole,

The plain FTP's have been disabled in many of LSEG/Refinitiv services. You will have to use SFTP connection. I get this message when connecting using SFTP:

Datastream Data Loader (DDL) Live server - only port 22 connections permitted from 13 January 2024.

Port 22 is SFTP port.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.