Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

How i can find de RIC code for a company with the private company name with a python script , eg ILIAD CAPITAL or Santander Asset Management SA SGIIC

How i can find de RIC code for a company with the company name with a python script , eg ILIAD CAPITAL or Santander Asset Management SA SGIIC

#productricscompany
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kindly assist on the ASAP

Hello @omkar.hegde

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@omkar.hegde Thanks for you question. The best tool is to use the Refinitiv Data Library Search API service.

import refinitiv.data as rd
rd.open_session()
rd.discovery.search("Santander Asset Management SA SGIIC",
                   view = rd.discovery.Views.ORGANISATIONS,
                   select = "DTSubjectName,ExchangeName,RIC,IssueISIN,Gics,AssetState,BusinessEntity,PI,SearchAllCategoryv3,SearchAllCategoryv2,SearchAllCategory,TickerSymbol,CUSIP,CinCUSIP"
)

1706536733282.png

For private companies this is returning a PermID.

There are also some nice articles for you to read on the search API here and here. I hope this can help.

1706536733282.png (26.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.