For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted

WebSocket API - HTTPS 403

websocket-error.pngClient Query:
We have been contracted for the WebSocket API but are seemingly unable to connect to the service. I tried executing examples 'market_price_rdpgw_service_discovery.py' as well as using the RDP Python library wrapper to perform a price streaming request but end up in both cases with an HTTP403 error. I think it is worthwhile mentioning that I cannot access the streaming pricing API endpoints on the API playground, which makes me think this is a per missioning issue.

#technologywebsocketserror-403
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @charmaine.mukoki-pietersen ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @charmaine.mukoki-pietersen

The client understanding is correct. The HTTP error code 403 Forbidden indicates that the client account does not have a permission to access the RDP /streaming/pricing/v1 for query the RTO endpoints from RDP.

I strongly suggest you contact the client's Account Manager or LSEG representative to verify the client permission.

We, Developer Relations cannot change or update the client permission.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.