question

Upvotes
Accepted
19 2 1 4

adjusted closign price: eikon and yahoo finance is difference

i notice that the TR.PriceClose data is different from yahoo finance's adjusted close price.

code is

df, err = ek.get_data(

instruments = ['MSFT.O']

fields = [

'TR.PriceClose.date',

'TR.PriceClose'

],

parameters = { 'SDate' ...

For example for microsoft on 2021-02-12, eikon TR.PriceClose gives 244.990, and for yahoo finance it is 238.582

eikonworkspace#product#contentdatastream-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@ken03

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I checked and found that the close prices on Yahoo finance may be adjusted due to dividends.

I also found this question (When is a dividend price adjustment done in Refinitiv Eikon?) on MyRefinitiv. According to the answer to that question, I think this could be a reason why the prices retrieved by Eikon Data API are different from Yahoo finance.

However, please wait for the confirmation from the content support team in the ticket 13300370.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @ken03 ,

Thank you for posting the question in this forum. However, this forum is dedicated to an API usage question hence, the moderators on this forum do not have deep expertise in every type of content available through Refinitiv products. Such expertise is available through Refinitiv Helpdesk, which can be reached via MyRefinitiv. To be of help, ticket number 13300370 was raised on your behalf and the support team is going to contact you directly to assist with this.

Hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
19 2 1 4

hi raksina and jirapongse, many thanks for your assistance

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.